Right to Repair
AGCO and Agri-Service supports farmers and the right to repair their equipment. This includes the need to provide customers with information and tools to maintain, diagnose, and repair their equipment.
Tech Connect Diagnostics
AGCO has created a customer diagnostic tool, Tech Connect Diagnostics-CV (TCD-CV). TCD-CV is a module in the Tech Connect Suite that can be made available through Agri-Service for the customer to assist them in maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing their equipment.
TCD-CV is a web-based application available for rental from Agri-Service. This application will allow access to any TCD-CV supported models such as Challenger, Massey Ferguson, Fendt, RoGator and TerraGator.
The TCD-CV is ordered by Agri-Service and has multiple rental time periods available: 1 month, 3 months and 6 months. The package includes:
- PC with TCD-CV installed, and associated cables required to connect to a compatible unit.
- Electronic diagnostic access as well as access to supporting manuals, help screens and quick start guides.
- All relevant published service information, service manuals, and operator manuals can be purchased via the AGCO Publications Website. (AGCOpubs.com)
Access is a simple order process placed through Agri-Service.
- The customer will review and agree to the “Tech Connect Diagnostics End User Agreement”. Agri-Service can print a copy for review.
- Agri-Service will request basic customer information: name, address, contact information, length of rental period. This information will be used to create the request to AGCO Service Tools for TCD-CV login credentials.
- Agri-Service will place an order for the tool package via the AGCO Service Tools website. At this point, Agri-Service will invoice the customer for the costs associated with the tool rental, including a refundable core charge for the tooling. AGCO Service Tools will process the order and direct ship to the customer within 3-4 business days. The customer will receive an email from the AGCO Service Tools with the login credentials. The rental period for the TCD-CV will begin 48 hours after this email is sent.
- Once the customer receives the tool, they can start the PC and login to the TCD-CV application using the credentials received. Internet connection will be required for validation.
- Once the rental period has expired, the customer will return the TCD-CV tool package back to AGCO Service Tools, in the original packaging with the prepaid shipping label provided. When the tool is received by AGCO Service Tools and has been verified to be in good working order, Agri-Service will be notified, and the customer deposit will be refunded.
TCD-CD Customer Tool Functionality
This tool package will allow the user access to the following functionality:
- Use the Application across multiple AGCO vehicles that are supported by the service tool.
- Browse the content including:
- Service Information – all publication types available for that model series. (Operator Manuals, Workshop Manuals, Instructions, Diagnostic Fault Codes)
- Diagnostic Information – for all Tech Connect Diagnostic supported machines.
- Sub-Assembly Details
- Product Support Programs (PSP)
- Configuration Details.
- Network Scan
- View Error Codes
- Use of Diagnose Function
Training and Support
Agri-Service is the customer’s main contact for questions pertaining to the use and support of the TCD-CV. Much of this support is included in the Quick Start Guides built into the TCD-CV application.
It is important to understand additional charges may apply, beyond the initial rental fee, for after-sales support of this product. When requesting Agri-Service dealer support personnel to instruct, teach, coach, tutor, or navigate the TCD-CD tool for the customer, the appropriate field or shop labor rates will apply to the time rendered resulting in additional charges to be paid.
Customer support response time expectations from Agri-Service for the TCD-CV will be 1-2 business days.
Below is a list of additional resources provided by AGCO, in alignment with the Statement of Principles put forth by American Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and Equipment Dealers Association (EDA), to provide maintenance, diagnostic, and repair tools for our customers.
Learn more at: www.r2rsolutions.org. (https://www.r2rsolutions.org).
- Manuals (Operator, Parts, Service)
- Available for purchase by customers. https://www.AGCOpubs.com
- AGCO Parts Books. https://parts.agcocorp.com/en_US/apbsearch/model
- Product Guides
- Product information on AGCO Brand Sites. https://www.agcocorp.com
- Product Service Demonstrations, Training, Seminars or Clinics
- Available with the release of new model tractors and combines after January 1, 2021. Online Training is available with the rental of a TCD-CV. Contact Agri-Service for rental and training information.